Our belief is that great companies are powered by great people and led by inspired leaders; individuals who are authentic, who embrace new ideas, share a mutual respect for each other and do what’s right for their communities. Every day, we focus on our common goal of improving lives around the world. And we do this by working together and applying deep technical expertise to help our customers solve pressing challenges, with a collective passion to make an impact.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader, serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next-generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders, through a strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Imagine a career that perpetually stretches your capabilities. From managing many of the world’s most iconic buildings to making products that help save lives, the breadth of our opportunities empowers you to chart your own path.
We are a truly global company that embraces diversity, rewards hard work and inspires people to reach for more. In an environment that is constantly evolving, we will set the foundation for you to grow and chart a career path that is as unique as you are. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to make an impact that people can feel. The world is waiting for you and so are we.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid Annual Leave, plus bank holidays (Holiday buy back option available).
- Comprehensive benefits package – Pension & Life Assurance
- Full Time (42 hours per week, 4 on 4 off shifts)
- Encouraging, developmental & collaborative team environment
- Dedication to safety through our Zero Harm policy
What you will do:
- Monitor, interrogate and respond to CCTV/Alarm activations, including escalation and reporting
- Answer intercoms and inbound telephone calls professionally, quickly, and effectively
- Effectively use the telephone systems and follow the guidance of the company policy and procedures
- Support the Control Room Supervisors and in their absence to take control of the operations (subject to training)
- Monitor and handle all incoming CCTV/Alarm activations for mobile patrol vehicles and despatch mobile response teams accordingly
- Report any operational difficulties and problems to the supervisor on duty
What we look for:
- A comprehensive knowledge of the relevant security standards
- Understanding and working knowledge of CCTV systems and ARC duties
- The ability to work under pressure, to be self-motivated and able to work independently or as a team member
- The ability to prepare letters, reports and documents in an accurate and concise manner
- The ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Sufficient computer literacy to ensure timely production of documents/reports etc.
- Sufficient investigative skills to identify the root cause of any problems identified
- SIA (Security Industry Authority) CCTV license desirable however this can be provided via the inhouse training team.
- Applicants must be IT literate and hold a minimum of grade C in English and Maths.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly. We'd love to hear from you!