Controls and Instrumentation Diploma or Technical High school
Installs, programs, inspects, troubleshoots, and adjusts electrical and mechanical equipment, instrumentation, and related information systems.
• Reviews operator’s manuals and other established guidelines; ensures equipment and information systems are operated in accordance with established guidelines
• Performs basic programming for utilities information systems; programs with ladder logic and relay logic; operates PLCs, RTUs and associated inputs/outputs; operates VFDs; performs telecommunications networking.
• Ensures proper operation of SCADA system; identifies and troubleshoots issues pertaining to SCADA system.
• Initiates work orders pertaining to utilities equipment and information systems; ensures work orders are accurate and complete; performs record-keeping functions.
- Good moral character and can speak/understand English well
- Can work with different cultures
- Familiarity with ISO Safety requirements