What you will do
Under general supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of HVAC Automation Systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems). Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface. Mentors technicians on building automation activities. Properly completes required service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex electronic control system malfunction's requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in Johnson Controls software.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with service manager, customer agents, TTL’s or subcontractors to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety awareness on work sites.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required. Mentors and trains mechanical workforce on building automation systems. Provides support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company.
What we look for
- Vocational School four year program or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field plus three years of industry experience or five years’ experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems in the HVAC industry.
- Generally required knowledge includes HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques.
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Johnson Controls to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Leadership skills to support the activities of Mechanics working on non-complex, non-critical Building Automation equipment on a job site.
- PC experience required and the ability to program HVAC related software.
- Experience with Johnson Controls Equipment and Software is a must.
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
HIRING HOURLY RANGE: $32-41 (Hourly rate to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.) This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, please visit the Employee Benefits tab on our main careers page at https://www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.