What you will do
As assistant controller you will support the controller in providing the business with informative, relevant and timely financial information on monthly performance, forward looking budgets and forecasts, as well as supporting the business in driving operational initiatives. You’ll be key in supporting management’s decision-making processes by providing and owning the analysis and reporting of key business drivers and financials.
How you will do it
- Create and develop models and reports to aid management decision making.
- Provide appropriate commercial and financial guidance to the management other teams.
- Periodic financial reports and maintaining an accurate system of accounting data and records, as well as a comprehensive set of controls and company budgets designed to mitigate risks.
- Provide financial analysis and commentaries on monthly Profit & Loss, Manufacturing Variances, days inventory on hand, balance sheet and other relevant key performance indicators, with comparisons to forecast and budgets.
- Monitor and report on variances to the standards on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work with Controller to handle accounting operations. Ensure the accuracy of the company's reported financial results and that they comply with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and/or international financial reporting standards.
- Support in the coordination and preparation of the annual budget submission, periodic forecasts and outlooks with input from local management and functional business groups.
- Support in the preparation of variance analysis with appropriate commentary.
- Support the Controller on the responsibility for inventory reporting and maintenance of ERP product costing information. Understand bill of material and routings.
- Monitor and report on inventory and work in progress levels.
- Support the Cycle Count program to assure the waiver to ensure that appropriate procedures and verification routines are in place and that cut offs are properly managed and request for Waiver is applicable.
- Assist on validating the financial justification for all capital appropriation requests (CARs) and work in close contact with the Shared Service to maintain a log, close projects when complete and transfer to appropriate asset code.
- Participate in projects and be a key member of project teams improving site efficiencies and driving working capital improvements.
- Make versus buy decision analysis
- Support Global Shared Services and outsource partners (RTR, OTC, PTP, etc.).
- Assist Controller in formulating internal controls and policies and ensuring compliance with established standards.
- Work closely with internal auditors and may also collaborate with external auditors.
What we look for
- Qualified through ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent professional qualification
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment and using standard costing methodology
- Experience working within manufacturing ERP systems.
- Experience in commercial finance, budgets and forecasting activities desired.
- Excellent team player with personal initiative and drive
- Able to communicate effectively with both finance and non-finance colleagues and to build strong working relationships with managers and finance team
- Organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Word skills