Under general direction, participates as a leader of the Development Team to achieve department and project objectives on large projects. Leads engineering, process or financial tasks during both preliminary & detailed development of projects. Supports the team in achieving business goals by following the Solutions Playbook and Best Business Practices methodology. Performs high level analysis, focused on the breadth of a bundled sale. Supports engineering, process or financial tasks during solution design or during detailed development on large complex projects. Responsible to establish an ongoing partnership with the customer on assigned projects. Leads and mentors Development Engineer I.
1. Provides technical, process or financial support to the Development team lead and/or Solutions Design Specialist during the design process. Assists as needed in developing the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
2. Leads preliminary data collection and modeling efforts for assigned opportunities. Leads or supports detailed development of medium ($3-$5M) projects. Validates assumptions made during solution design. Builds a detailed development budget and scope. Works with operations team and outside partners to develop project estimate and scope of work, as well as a preliminary & detailed energy savings & financial model (ROI),. Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents. Utilizes specialized functional expertise as a development team member. Acts as domain expert for a specific functional area.
3. Understands the full range of JCI offerings and their applications in customer solutions. Devises multiple offerings to meet specific program requirements as identified by the Solutions Design Specialist.
4. Leads cross-functional teams in the development of multiple components of the bundled sale.
5. Performs detailed engineering or financial analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits. Assists in technical or financial benchmarking as needed. Leads in the development of customer baselines.
6. Provides risk analysis for the complete solution.
7. Presents to technical buyer as required. Assists in presentations to economic buyers or C-level clients.
8. Participates in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope and objectives, timeline and customer requirements are properly understood.
9. Responsibility for creating and managing budgets, timelines, and quality of assigned opportunities.
10. Fully utilizes the Solutions Playbook, SOLAR toolset as well as other using standard JCI development processes and tools in performing tasks as well as in mentoring others.
11. Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers and vendors as well as facility mid-level technical managers.
12. Responsible for remaining current with relevant engineering or design standards and practices.
13. Mentors less experienced Program Development staff.
14. May provide post-contract design review support.
15. Actively participates in relevant professional organizations, takes on leads roles within those organizations.
16. Maintains relevant professional certifications and licenses (e.g., Professional Engineering license).
17. Responsible for the promotion and adherence of JCI safety policies
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field as appropriate. Five to eight years experience in designing / selling building systems, energy modeling, construction or facility management. Undergraduate experience in performing building modeling preferred (example IAC program) CEM Certification & LEED AP required. Function-specific licenses or certifications preferred (e.g., Professional Engineering license for engineering-related roles, etc.) MBA or other advanced degree preferred. Demonstrated subject matter expert (SME) in a minimum of 10 Facility Improvement Measures required. Demonstrated vertical market expertise required. Possesses strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects. Fully competent in analysis and assessment of facility systems. Demonstrated ability to lead engineering teams, work effectively with others, drive for results, focus on the customer, & acts ethically. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations. Solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, Solutions Architect, EQuest, JC Facts, & NISC benchmarking tools. Ability to travel approximately 50%.
Apply NowNew Search