Johnson Controls -
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
The Safety Supervisor will be part of our Unitary Proprietary Groups (UPG) division located in Wichita, KS. This is where we manufacture and assemble heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment for our residential customers. This person will be responsible for managing all safety duties for 2nd shift within our plant. Hours are 2:30pm to 12 midnight, can be flexible with the hours.
Plans, develops, and/or implements activities on a plant-wide basis to assure all employees are provided a safe workplace that achieves world class objectives within Johnson Controls. Ensure compliance with State, Federal, and Corporate regulations and standards.
1. Maintain a current knowledge of all OSHA and EPA regulations. Implement necessary corrective actions that correct and maintain compliance with OSHA standards.
2. Provides safe equipment and procedures in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
3. Investigate work-related injuries and illnesses, implement corrective actions that prevent reoccurrence, and prepares required reports and record keeping.
4. Perform industrial hygiene testing and safety inspections. Develop corrective actions.
5. Facilitate the effectiveness of employee OHS training and education programs, including OHS training and orientation for new employees, OSHA annual training requirements, and Corporate related training.
6. Promote safety awareness throughout the facility by visibly being on the floor, talking with employees, and understanding their concerns.
7. Facilitate the development and implementation of OHS programs including, establishing the roles of others who will assist with (or lead) each program (employee involvement), assuring the development of prioritized action plans with timetables for execution; and participating in the development of plant-specific procedures and methods;
8. Work within the OHS department as a team member to manage cost-effective ways related to work-related injuries.
9. Work with department managers and supervisors on corrective action implementation.
10. First responder. Provide conservative medical care to employees.
11. Ability to do machine assessments, such as machine guarding. Oversee a site-wide system to identify and evaluate hazards (risks) and implement effective controls (corrective solutions) consistent with Johnson Controls risk management process.
12. Participate in the review of new / modified equipment, operations, processes, and procedures that may have an impact on employee and equipment safety.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of five years experience and/or training.
3. Current EMT certification.
4. Proficiency with Windows operating system.
5. Effective interpersonal skills and ability to make decisions.
6. Efficient and professional communication and organization skills. Ability to multi-task.
Risk Management / Workers Compensation / Health, Safety & Environment
Building Efficiency North America